From the Gulf Wars Landcrat
Groups of 20 or more wishing to camp together may pre-reserve space. To do so, you must ensure that all group members are pre-reserved and submit your request for a group camping space to the Landcrat by February 28.
Citizens of Ansteorra,Trimaris and Meredies should contact their Kingdom Land Representatives who will administer their land request. All others with land requests should contact the Landcrat listed on the Staff Page. When pre-reserving, ensure everyone camping together puts the same group name in the “camping with” section on the registration form.
Groups with permanent camping sites at Gulf Wars still need to pre-reserve at least 20 people or risk losing their use of the land.
FAQ’S RV CAMPING
- What is an RV? If it has road wheels and you sleep/stay in it, it is an RV. This includes trailers, Rigs, campers, etc.
- Do all RV’s have to be in the RV area? Short answer: Yes. Longer answer, everyone with an RV should plan to park it in the RV area. Requests for exceptions to park elsewhere will be considered on-site, but the owner of the RV should plan on the RV area until/IF the RV-crat states otherwise. In order to be considered for an exception, the RV must have a period appearance. It must not have visible road wheels, a generator, require utilities hookups, or exert excessive ground pressure. Exceptions will be considered on a case-by-case basis. RVs which have been granted exceptions at past Gulf Wars will be given favorable consideration and will be granted exceptions in most cases.
- Will there be reserved space? You must reserve space with Kings Arrow Ranch if you need power and water hookups. All RVs not reserved with Kings Arrow Ranch will be parked on a first-come, first-served basis and will not have access to these amenities.
- Is there a dump station for their sewage? No. Draining sink/shower water, (grey) will be allowed, but no sewage or black water. There are dump stations at the MS welcome centers on most major Interstates.
- Are there electrical hook-ups? You must reserve space with Kings Arrow Ranch if you need power and water hookups. Generators are allowed, but you must notify the RV Crat when you arrive that you plan to run a generator and will be asked to park in a designated area. Please remember to fill up your tanks for your generator before coming on site.
- Most spots are fairly level but heavier rigs such as class A’s, should use caution when setting up, please park in specified areas only.
- When is RV set-up? RV’s will have controlled access this year. RVs will be allowed on site from 8am – 8pm Monday and Tuesday, 8am – 6pm Wednesday – Friday.
- What happens if I get to site after/before RV set up hours? We ask that you temporarily park in the Day Trip parking lot off-site.
- Will merchants be able to bring their RVs on site on merchant set-up day? Yes, this will only be during the merchant arrival window. RV requests will still have to be made so remember to reserve space for your RV when sending in all of your other reservation info.
There will be no day pavilions allowed next to the fighting field for safety reasons. Instead there will be a road between the edge of the fighting field and all day pavilions. The Field Pavilion person(Contacts Page), must approve the placement of all day pavilions along the road. When you receive permission you will be assigned a space and issued a permit that must be displayed at all times on the pavilion. There will be no overnight sleeping allowed in day pavilions. Field pavilion space is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Unauthorized field pavilions will be dropped and seized.